So many rando links lurking in the drafts folder, so many open tabs… Let’s tidy that up, shall we?
96. Kara Walker’s latest artist statement made me cry. It is a STATEMENT. (via Jez)
97. David Wong Louie on (not) eating after cancer. Heartbreaking.
98. Tracing an amnesiac’s identity in the digital era.
99. Luvvie talks about her experience on the NYT’s best seller list.
100. A subject near and dear to my heart.
101. I’ve never watched Bachelor in Paradise, but I have been following the scandal all summer long. “Why are you watching this?” is a great question, but what I really want to know is what has happened to the producer who made the initial complaint. You know that person doesn’t have a career in tv anymore, despite doing the right thing.
102. I’m still trying to figure out eyeliner. I read this “review” [advertorial, lol] and immediately ordered the brush (from Nail Polish Canada, actually–ships free!) because I’m a bit of a sucker. I suppose it’s helpful for wings, but no good for smudging into your lashline, which is what I’m trying to do. So: not a total waste of money but not the answer to my liner woes. I think part of my problem is that the Tarte liner I’m using is quite dry…?
103. I’m not going to make this–I just don’t need another blanket–but, damn, I want it.
104. But I might make this? I may have suitable fabric… if I don’t try making a Fen top. Depends on the yardage I have on hand.
105. At one point over the winter I was thinking about sewing with sequins. I chickened out (wised up?) but if I ever do tackle sequins, this looks like the advice to follow.
106. If I don’t rent forever, these tiles are going in my house.
And … I do want to write about my own particular clothing philosophy–at some point. In the meantime, some links on wardrobe planning and the meaning of clothes.
107. Karen Templar asks her readers about wardrobe planning.
108. On uniform dressing.
109. Also from Racked: less serious but if you feel like conceptualizing? (And yes, I did mean to share that in May. But no reason you can’t make this kind of statement for autumn or winter.)
110. If I were going to break away from my denim-and-handknits winter wardrobe, I’d go for something like this, I think.
111. I feel a certain push and pull when it comes to dressing in a feminine manner (eyeliner, right?)… I definitely identify with this piece, even though I don’t do full-on femme.
112. And one more Racked link, because Tracey Robey and because there are all kinds of ways clothes can be powerful.